Nshenyi Cultural Village
Take the Isingiro Road from Mbarara towards the Tanzanian Kikagati border.
From Kikagati, drive towards Kitwe Town.
Nshenyi Cultural Village is about 8 miles down that road, before Kitwe, on the right, opposite a large dam. It is visibly marked with signage.
Our accommodation options range from a traditional grass thatched hut to a modern contemporary farm house. We have the following:
- a traditional grass thatched hut & kraal,
- a modern grass thatched hut,
- a thatch & clay hut
- a clay & brick hut and
- a modern farm house
Guests can decide which setting they would like to sleep in, all are charged at the same rate.
- Learn traditional fishing techniques
- Watch milk being processed and presented
- Take nature walks through the farm
- Learn about traditional homestead crop rotation and food processing
- Plant trees
- Bird watching
- Visit the Batwa community and see their pottery works
- Drive to Tanzania and cross the Kagera River
- Drive to Rwanda through the Mirama Hills border
- Visit local homesteads, markets and schools, interact with the community
Contact details: winlinksEA@gmail.com
1355 Total Views 4 Views Today